Ingredients: tomatoes, sugar, pectin, cinnamon, allspice, cloves
Red Tomato Jam is quite popular at gatherings with cheese, as well as a summer sweet served with meats. This jam although seemingly new to many, is a traditional American Classic, especially in the South.
Some uses for Red Tomato Jam:
- Slather on a grilled cheese sandwich.
- Stir into a lentil or coconut curry soup.
- Dollop on a bowl of white beans.
- Serve with fried eggs and bacon.
- Garnish a crab cake.
- Use as the T in a BLT.
- Toss with avocado for a quick relish.
- Substitute for some of the molasses in baked beans.
- Smear on a biscuit or bruschetta with a creamy cheese.
- Whisk into a vinaigrette.